Transboundary Specialist - 1 Year Term

Gwich'in Tribal Council in Inuvik

The Gwich’in Tribal Council (GTC) is seeking a highly-motivated individual to fill the position of Transboundary Specialist. The Transboundary Specialist is responsible for promoting the interests and rights of the Gwich’in concerning the use, management, and conservation of land, water, and resources on Gwich’in private lands in other settlement areas (Western Arctic, Sahtu, Yukon). The Specialist is responsible for being the organizational expert on the Gwich’in Transboundary Agreement (Appendix C of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement), conducting research related to transboundary matters, and providing analysis, recommendations, and project leadership related to land claim implementation and transboundary issues.

Reporting to the Director of Lands and Resources, the applicant should have a Degree in Resource Management, Land Use Planning, Public Policy, or an Environmental field, as well as five years of related experience, ideally in a Northern or cross-cultural setting. An understanding of the Gwich’in history, cultural, and political environment would be an asset.

Application Deadline:
March 16, 2018
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working with an energetic, progressive Aboriginal government, please submit a cover letter and resume to: I 867-777-7919 (fax) Deadline: March 16th, 2018 or until filled Priority Consideration will be given to qualified Participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. We thank all who apply but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.