Established in 1992, the Gwich’in Tribal Council (GTC) is an Indigenous government that represents Gwich’in Participants in the Mackenzie-Delta of the Northwest Territories and across Canada. GTC protects and advances the interests of Gwich’in through hard work, collaborative approaches and good governance in order to improve the lives and preserve the culture of the Gwich’in.
GTC is seeking a highly motivated Master of Ceremonies (MC) for an upcoming training event from March 12-14, 2019. This position will work with the Wellness Department who is hosting an Indian Residential School Training for Resolution Health Support workers and Cultural Support workers from Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut. The MC introduces the speakers, makes announcements, and engages with the audience to keep the ceremony agenda flowing as smoothly as possible. The MC is responsible for creating and sustaining an energetic atmosphere throughout the event.
- Demonstrated previous experience as an MC
- A valid class 5 driver’s license an asset
SKILLS & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Time management skills with the ability to keep the event on schedule
- An energetic and positive attitude
- High standard of integrity with ability to maintain confidential and/or sensitive information
- Organized and self-motivated
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
If you are interested in working with an energetic and progressive Indigenous government, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: March 8, 2019
Priority Consideration will be given to qualified Participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. We thank all who apply but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.