The Gwich’in Tribal Council’s Education and Training Department is seeking the services of a Camp Maintainer for its upcoming On-The-Land Cultural Program in Tsiigehtchic, NT.
- Provide general camp maintenance
- Assist with camp set up and take-down
- Monitor wildlife activity to ensure the safety of camp staff and participants
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on buildings, structures, and equipment. (i.e. check fluid levels, replace filters, repairs or replace broken or damaged parts.)
- Ensure safety hazards are identified and addressed throughout traditional campgrounds and facilities
- Ensure firewood is cut, stocked and replenished
- Ensure water is hauled and made available to camp staff and participants
- Assist camp staff with the ordering, collection, and delivery of program supplies, materials and groceries
- Assist program staff by acting as a resource or provide resources to ensure that cultural knowledge and practices are maintained within the program
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to transport materials, supplies and participants to and from the camp location
Services will be required for a 5 day period, working Monday to Friday from October 7-11, 2019.
Total compensation is based on a daily rate of $269/day.
Additional information can be obtained from the GTC Project Supervisor at 867-777-7953.
Closing Date: September 16, 2019
To Apply to this job please click on this link: Camp Maintainer
Priority Consideration will be given to qualified Participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. We thank all who apply but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.