The Gwich’in Tribal Council’s Education and Training Department is seeking the services of a Camp Cook’s Helper for its upcoming On-The-Land Cultural Program in Tsiigehtchic, NT.
- Assist with camp set up and take down
- Prepare and place grocery orders accurately and on time to ensure orders are delivered/picked up in a timely manner
- Cook all meals and manage food service (including clean up + dishes)
- Manage inventory, including the proper storage and handling of frozen and fresh food items
- Maintain a hygienic food preparation work area
- Ensure equipment is correctly cleaned, stored and waste is handled according to health and safety regulations
- Ensure camp is kept orderly and as safe as possible
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have Food Safe Certification
Services will be required for a 5 day period, working Monday to Friday from October 7-11, 2019.
Total compensation is based on a daily rate of $225/day.
Additional information can be obtained from the GTC Project Supervisor at 867-777-7953.
Closing Date: September 16, 2019
To Apply to this job please click on this link: Camp Cook's Helper
Priority Consideration will be given to qualified Participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. We thank all who apply but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.