The Gwich’in Tribal Council’s Education and Training Department is seeking the services of a Camp Cook for its upcoming On-The-Land Cultural Program in Tsiigehtchic, NT.
- Assist with camp set up and take-down
- Prepare and place grocery orders accurately and on time to ensure orders are delivered/picked up in a timely manner
- Prepare and plan the menu and all food requirements for site activity
- Cook all meals and manage food service (including clean up + dishes)
- Manage related inventory, including the proper storage and handling of frozen and fresh food items
- Maintain a hygienic food preparation work area
- Ensure equipment is correctly cleaned, stored and waste is handled according to health and safety regulations
- Ensure camp is kept orderly and as safe as possible
- Provide mentor-ship and direction to Camp Cook's Helper
- Assist program staff by acting as a resource or provide resources to ensure that cultural knowledge and practices are maintained within the program
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have Food Safe Certification
- Must have on-the-land experience as it relates to Gwich’in history, culture, traditions, ceremonies, principals, values, knowledge of traditional lands
- Fluent in the English and Gwich’in languages and able to communicate with clients or others who have diverse cultural and educational backgrounds
Services will be required for a 5 day period, working Monday to Friday from October 7-11, 2019.
Total compensation is based on a daily rate of $269/day.
Additional information can be obtained from the GTC Project Supervisor at 867-777-7953.
Closing Date: September 16, 2019
To Apply to this job please click on this link: Camp Cook
Priority Consideration will be given to qualified Participants of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. We thank all who apply but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.