Education and Training

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Question: If I do not live in any communities within the Gwich’in Settlement Area, am I eligible to apply for ASETS funding? 

Answer: No. As an ASETS Agreement Holder , the Gwich’in Tribal Council are able to assist eligible applicants who currently reside in the Gwich’in Settlement Area. If you do not reside in the Gwich’in Settlement service delivery area, we are unable to provide any financial assistance to you under the ASETS fund.

As with all other ASET Agreement Holders across Canada, applicants should apply to the local ASET Agreement Holder in the community/region of which they reside.  You may find your local ASETS Agreement Holder here.


Question: I was approved for ASETS funding and received funds at the start of my semester.  When can I expect to receive a payment for the following semester?

Answer: In order to receive payment, you must submit OFFICIAL copies of transcripts and show that you have maintained an average of 60% or higher.  Payment will be processed within 3-5 business days.

Documents related to this page

There are no documents available.