As you are all aware, the Covid-19 pandemic is resulting in increased assistance needed for those in isolation or high risk.
Peter Clarkson, Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) Director of Regional Operations for the Beaufort Delta and Sahtu, has said "we are in desperate need of assistance to ensure we provide the needed protection of residents in Inuvik and the Beaufort Delta.
The mandatory isolation period required by the Chief Public Health Officer for the [Northwest Territories] NWT is essential in preventing further spread of Covid-19...The Town of Inuvik staff have been working long hours since last Friday to ensure we are doing whatever can be done to prevent further spread of Covid-19, but they now need our help."
The Gwich'in Tribal Council (GTC) is supportive of this request and urges anyone who is able to help to do so.
The Town of Inuvik is currently requesting:
- Assistance to screen incoming passengers on Canadian North and Air North Flights. 5 persons
- Assistance with supervising those persons in isolation at the hotel. 1-2 persons
- Assistance with laundry. 2 persons
- Assistance with driving passengers from the airport to the hotel. 1-2 persons
If you are able to assist with any of these tasks please contact:
- Peter Clarkson (email@example.com);
- Grant Hood (firstname.lastname@example.org); or
- Lise Saumur (email@example.com).
Remember that we can best get through this pandemic by working together and taking care of each other.